The trip begins in Santa Cruz

The trip begins in Santa Cruz
Adventure with a cause! Starting point: Stansberry Children's Home - Santa Cruz, Boliva

Share With Your Friends

 
blogger widget

Monday, March 24, 2014

Irai A. Rodrigues Filho


My Personal Journey to “Cycle to the World Cup”: Irai A. Rodrigues Filho

I am Irai Rodrigues, Brazilian born with a Bolivian heart. I had the opportunity to be the youth pastor of the Church right beside Stansberry Home. This opportunity opened me the door to know the amazing kids that lived right next door and joined us for the church services and activities.

I cannot deny, those kids captivated my heart and permanently live in my memories and prayers. But like the Latin American singer Ali Primera sang “No, no, it is not enough with just praying, we are lacking more things to achieve peace.”  There are incongruences in the world cup in Brazil, who hosts the foreigners with the best seats in the stadiums and let its own people die in the public hospitals. Also Bolivia is crossing through many social economic changes which affect directly the kids from Stansberry Home. How could I protest about the incongruences and contribute to the financial needs of Stansberry?

Charles Paetkau and I were used to riding our bikes in Bolivia, and we kept doing it in summer time when we moved to Canada. He thought, Why not a Bike Trip! This is a good way to protest, make international problems known and transform our prayers action. And here we go. Unhappily we cannot do it alone. We need partners and you may be the partner we have being looking for. Check out the information below, please. Stand up and let’s do it together!   OUR GOAL IS $130,000.00



For any choice of donation, make a note that the donation is for the “Fundraising Bike Trip” and my name for the cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment